Sunday, April 11, 2010

I'm not crying!

So it turns out I cry... a lot. My poor husband has to put up with it and does such a great job. I don't know why I get so sensitive, I try hard not to but sometimes I just can't help myself. I blame my dad really. He cried when I gave him an Elvis #1 Hits CD one year for Christmas. He's the one that coined the phrase "There must be a Target store opening somewhere." Meaning we cry at Target store openings... which I don't understand why you'd cry over something like that... but I guess that's the point isn't it? We don't know why we cry at most the things we cry at. I was told I cried a lot as a kid and for all those who had to endure those days I am truly sorry. As I grew up I thought that I was much better at controlling it and could go quite awhile without a tear on my face (except for maybe some brief moments here and there but certainly not often.) But as I've gotten older I've just become more sensitive and I'm not sure who it drives more crazy - me or Brandon. Half the time I deny the fact that my eyes have watered up, to me this isn't "crying" - yet! Crying is where tears have actually streamed down the face. However, Brandon's definition is different so when I deny it it drives him crazy. I deny it because I know that half- okay, more than half the time I realize it's for a stupid reason and I wish that I wasn't crying. In fact sometimes I cry harder because I'm crying... and then I am literally crying because I am crying... it's a vicious cycle.

One night my eyes watered up over who knows what and Brandon asked, "Are you crying?" To which I replied, "No." He said, "Yes you are! There's mascara on your pillow." And my response? "I was sweating!"

That is why this song is so truly amazing! Some campers (at The Wakeboard Camp) were watching Flight of the Conchords the other day and this song came on. I told Brandon that he had to come listen to it. We laughed really hard, therefore, I had to blog about it.

5 comments:

  1. That's hilarious! My favorite of theirs is Business Time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you laugh so hard you cried??? HAHAHA...I am so funny. Maybe that's why we get along so well, I am stone cold, never cry, and you are captain sensitive...Brandon is so lucky to have you around all the time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, I'm crying just reading this. Yes, we are sensitive people, or maybe just wusses! My mission president said he and I suffered from the same problem...wet behind the eyeballs. And, yes I still tear up over the Elvis CD! But, don't forget the maple syrup last Christmas...or maybe we should forget it. Ha Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is a girl thing. It seems like the older I get (and the more in control I should be) the more I cry! Wait until you have kids. Then you cry because you are happy, sad, overwhelmed, angry, unsure and the list goes on. I think I might win in this crying contest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha!!! Love the onions/lasagna part!!

    ReplyDelete