Thursday, April 1, 2010

This might be against my religion...

I know I am a CA girl through and through. And I know that I had many a lunch at In-N-Out with Sarah (Dunyon) Baillio in high school ordering our number 1, no onion and Neapolitan shake (at least that was my order.) And Royah (Askar) Peterson had her In-N-Out themed birthday party. And every time we did baptisms at the temple we stopped at In-N-Out on the way home. Every time one of the guys would go on their mission we'd have one last midnight run before they left and I remember Mark signing "Elder Braden Miller" under his "designated seat" in the La Paz In-N-Out and when they came home from their missions you better believe it was the 1st stop before heading to be released, I mean I even kept up that tradition after my month "mini" mission! I understand the importance! And that you couldn't go to UT without stopping at the In-N-Out in Vegas first. I understand all that...and it's because I understand that that I feel as though I'm going against my religion by saying, "Five Guys is BETTER!" Don't get me wrong I do still love In-N-Out but I've gotta keep it real and I feel In-N-Out has met it's match, they are very neck in neck with Five Guys in the lead.

We kept hearing about this "Five Guys" place and about how good it was and how it was better than In-N-Out but I needed to be the judge of that. So Brandon and I went to do some errands, where we fell in love with this store "World Market" but that's for another post. (it's awesome!) Anyway... Five Guys was in the same area so we decided to grab some lunch. We went to order and the guy was so nice he knew it was our first time and that we were from CA and of course we talked about In-N-Out haha. So ok you tell them which burger you want (how many patties basically) and then you tell them all the toppings you want! (Which are no extra charge) Toppings consist of: lettuce, tomato, onion, pickles, green peppers, mayo, mustard, BBQ sauce and probably other stuff I can't remember at the moment there was a whole list of stuff. We decided we didn't have the money to get fries and we just got water, again to save on money, and the guy could tell what we were doing and since he wanted us to have a great first experience at Five Guys he so graciously threw in free fries! :) I'm glad he did because they were really good! I just wish they had ranch to dip them in. But the best part was I didn't feel heavy or sickly full in my gut like In-N-Out tends to make me feel after. In fact I wanted to go back for more later that night haha. It was like the burger just came off the grill in the backyard but even better. If this place hasn't shown up on "Diners, Dive-ins and Drives" it should. Man I'm hungry just thinking about it! But as for now I gotta go to the grocery store... uh oh... bad combination grocery store and hunger! Wish me luck that I stick only to the shopping list!

11 comments:

  1. Well I am glad you have found a replacement! Who could do without In-N-Out? just remember where your loyalties lie......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blasphemy.

    Do you know that they even talk about In n Out here in Texas even though Texas has no In n Outs?

    Our favorite burger place closed and we've never found a good replacement. The big deal here recently is SmashBurger, which reminds me a lot of Dad's burgers. Dad apparently should have started a burger joint years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a five guys around here, maybe I'll have to give it a try. I gotta say... I don't think Northern Utahans know how to make In-n-out quite right... it just doesn't taste as good here as it does there. Thanks for the review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice to know ;) I have to say I don't eat InNOut as much as I used to because it does sit heavy in my stomach...that's nice that 5 guys doesn't!!! Glad you're finding replacements....finding good fast food/restaurants is a very important part of adjusting to a move.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 5 gives rules! Not better than In n Out- just different- I mean, I actually think 5 guys tastes healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I found out that there is one in Provo as well... how new is it? I'm pretty sure it didn't exist when I lived there, if it did then I'm sad I missed out as this time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yahoo! You got your background to sit still! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have 5 guys here too but haven't tried it yet. Good to know a fellow Cali gal who grew up on In-N-Out thinks 5 guys is that good. I'm not as fearful to try it now. If only I could find a replacement for Yogurtland (and similar companies). Oh and I hear there's an InnOut in American Fork or will be one soon. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know I'm so excited! haha I just re-copied and paste the link and it fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. you guys are so cute in the picture in this post. just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will have to try it someday when I go to FL. I remember seeing it on DDD. I love that show!!! Mainly because I love food. So glad you tried it for all of us to go out and try new things :) Love me my In n out but It is good to know there is more out there. LOL Love ya!

    ReplyDelete