Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Girls Camp!

Again I have been neglecting my blog, but with good reason this time.  I was completely away from civilization all week long as I attended GIRLS CAMP!  I had a BLAST!  It was fun getting to be with the girls and getting to know them better and making new friends.  One of them being the camp director from another ward, Desiree Sant, who has now talked me into doing a half marathon with her this fall.  I don't know what I have just gotten myself into but it will be fun and give me something to work on.  (I hope!) Also another dear friend of mine who has been awesome and is so full of amazing ideas and who was the whole brains behind girls camp this year is Jennifer Hawkins.  She just continues to amaze me with all the awesome things she can do!  Check out her blog because she has some fun stuff for Primary and Young Women aids and whatnot.  

Before heading out to camp I had an idea to do pictures of the girls for name tags for their beds in the cabin. Well it didn't work out to do the pictures so the YW President took the pics and my husband and I decided to jazz them up a bit.  My awesome husband helped me all night on these, I really appreciate his hard work and his support through camp.  I love him so much!  You can check out his blog here where he's posted some of his designs and whatnot, it's still pretty new but he has some fun stuff on there.  So below are the name tags we created hope you enjoy! I'll get some camp pics up soon. 










5 comments:

  1. How fun!! Looks like you have a great group of girls! I just hope you didn't tell them our girls camp stories...lol! Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha nope but some of the girls from the other wards wanted to know our engagement story and from what I was told it was spread through camp like wildfire. haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh and 2 of these girls are non-members and another two are recent converts. One of the girls talked about how since going to camp she is considering joining the church! And Becca joined the church just a few weeks ago. She was baptized and then that same night she went to her first and only YCL meeting and then attended the dance right after. I watched her at camp and I was impressed with how she took charge as a YCL and looked as though she'd been to all the meetings and had always been a member! These girls are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I expected a couple of girls in the branch kinda thing. Looks like a great group. And, I'm happy to see Chloe is alive and well living in Clermont! Ha, can't wait for the movie...(sorta inside joke ha, ha)

    ReplyDelete
  5. BTW, when we first moved here, to CA, there was a wonderful, older couple, who lived in Leisure World: Merlin Sant and his wife. They have been gone many years now, but wonder if they are related to the lady you mentioned?

    ReplyDelete