Monday, September 13, 2010

Part II: California


I drove from AZ to CA with my parents and spent the week hanging out until Brandon got there the week later.  First on the list of things to do was see my good friend Sarah and her Husband.  They have a new little guy that I hadn't met yet so it was fun getting to catch up and just chill... As a side note, it's Sarah's birthday today so HAPPY BIRTHDAY friend!!!! :) You'll forever be older than me. heehee ;) Anyhoo... Sarah is great with cutting hair and took the liberty of giving me a new do! :)

Happy day!
After the haircut Sarah's parents took us out to In-N-Out for dinner.  They're so great! :) The rest of the week was pretty chill, taking prego pics of my cute friend Meredith, check them out here if you haven't seen them yet, along with hanging out at the mall with her.  I also took pics of Sarah and her cute little family.  Then I spent time with my parents going to Sushi and the movies, we saw The Other Guys, kinda funny but more ridiculous than anything!  But needless to say I was a busy little bee and tried to cram a bunch of stuff in.  I was also very blessed to attend my friend Jen's wedding while I was in town.  I was so bummed I was going to miss it but turns out by miraculous circumstances I was in town!   There were 27 weddings going on the same day, I had never seen the temple so crowded or have heard it so loud inside from all the people visiting and waiting.  The ceremony itself started an hour late.  It was crazy!!! But I'm so glad I got to be there!  Here's some shots from her big day.
    
  

Totally opposite from the wedding I was at the week before in 100+ degree weather!

I'm pretty sure I would have cried if the temple was like this on my wedding day. :/

I love you Jen! I'm so happy for you!!!
Next, Brandon came to town and we spent the week in Corona.  Funny story about that... Brandon friend requested this guy named Greg thinking he was someone else.  Greg emailed him back saying, "Do I know you?" yeah a bit awkward.  But Greg got to looking at Brandon's Facebook page and noticed they had a lot of mutual friends in the Wakeboarding world and then he noticed he was LDS and it just so happened Greg is too!  So him and Brandon became instant friends and they offered Brandon to come out and wakeboard for the week.  So we stayed with them (Greg, his awesome wife Rachelle and their 3 super cute little boys Zachry, Colin and Asher) for the week having fun wakeboarding everyday and going to dinner and renting movies, playing with the kiddos and Rachelle and I reading books and talking about anything and everything.  Basically Greg and Rachelle are Brandon and my twins.  It's like they are us just 8 years further down the road.  So it was a blast!

                  
  
Their dad promised them they would go fishing.  The guys got back later than expected and the poor kids waited so patiently all day.  So... Wha-LA! They went fishing. :)

Colin REALLY liked his dinner...

Yep I got rocked by an 8 yr old in Sequence

Poor Zachry ate it on the skateboard and the asphalt won.  And of course this happened right before they were supposed to leave for a wedding...

My husband, killin it!


Eric Nolan, one of the greatest friends ever! He got up before the sun even came up just to come chill on the boat and spend time with us since he knew that was the only chance he'd get to see Brandon before he went back to FL.  Eric you rock and we love you!!!


Can you tell he's tired?

Greg Solesbee, Brandon's brother from another mother

Now can you tell Eric is tired? haha


Self-portrait
Colin. Such a stud!
Brandon coaching Colin. Both Zachry and Colin got up!

Zachry in Brandon's hat

I'm so happy to be awake and on a boat at 4:30 in the am


 

 One of the best mom's I know! 
Good morning boys!!!
And that pretty much concludes our CA experience! It was a blast seeing all our family and old friends and at the same time making new friends!  Thanks again to Greg and Rachelle for being so hospitable and so awesome. :)

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update...even though we were here all the time. Ha Love the photoshop intro flags. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are the best. Were doing it again for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty much we are soooo in LOVE with you guys!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, one of the best weeks ever!!!! We are so glad we met you!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!
    XOXOXOX Zachry and Colin ask when you guys are coming back and staying in their room =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha...very funny, so since I'm older, does that mean I'm wiser too? Prob not...remember when we used to say that in high school...prob not...ahhh those were the days! love you, hope you had an awesome birthday!

    ReplyDelete