Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Adventures!

Well yesterday was pretty uneventful... I did have a sort of job interview that was out in BFE, and in the morning I went for a walk/jog with some friends.  Other than that I did a little bit of jack and a little bit of squat.  Oh yeah, I rented a movie that made me want to commit suicide after watching.  Ok not really, but it was really depressing.  So in order to lift my spirits I put in The Office and made some dinner with a new recipe I wanted to try, some kind of corn chowder type thing.  It was alright, I think it needs some kind of seasoning added to it or something.  I needed some more cheering up and I had remembered a little treat I saw in a Costco cook book.  They suggested putting a Popsicle stick through the top of a yogurt lid and stick it in the freezer.  I had put them in the freezer the other day and decided now was as good of time as any to try it.  Well it was kinda hard to get out of the cup but with the trusty Cut-Co scissors I was able to cut it off.  Also I didn't have Popsicle sticks, just lollipop sticks which worked ok but I suggest trying it with the Popsicle sticks if you want to give it a go.  It tasted great! It reminded me of when I was a kid eating the Flintstones Push-up pops. Those were so good!  haha So in effort to get out of the house I took my treat out to our dock and ate it while reading a book and watching some of the pros that live down the street practice their wake skating.  It was nice, I just wished I had someone to join me in the moment.  (Brandon was at work)  Anyway...

 
Today however, was a bit more exciting.  Jennifer and her kids Chamberlynn and Braden and I went for a little adventure.  Jen had heard about a candy store in Polk County so we drove out there to check it out.  It was a pretty fun little place full of all kinds of homemade/old fashioned looking candy, I was just bummed they didn't have the old fashion lemon drops, those are my fav!  But we did come out with a nice selection of goodies.  I basically got sick from all the sugar though.  ha.  Then we found a mall along the way and decided to walk around, it was pretty dead but we found some amazing deals!  Earrings and necklace for $2.99! So we bought a bunch and they threw in some free earrings before we left.  Then we went to another store where we got a bunch of Buy 1 get one Free deals and since we (and by we I mean Jennifer, I was just tagging along, but Chambs did get a buy 1 get 1 free shirt so she let me get the free shirt, we got the same ones just different colors. super cute!) Anyway since we spent a certain amount they threw in a free ring!  No wonder the mall looked like it was going under, they were constantly just giving stuff away! ha  But it was a fun time.  Here's some pictures from the day.  Thanks again Jen for being awesome! :)

Chambs, Braden and I outside Webb's Candy Factory

We were a little leery about the Goat Milk Fudge... 


Braden took this pic

No comments:

Post a Comment